The Four meme is making the rounds and I thought it would be something fun to post. I don’t really post non-diabetes things here, so this will give ya’ll a chance to get to know another side of me!
1. Four names people call me other than my real name.
To be honest, no one really calls me anything besides Allison right now.
1. In high school, some people called me Ally if there was another Allison in my class.
2. At diabetes camp, my camp name was Angel.
3. My husband calls me babe and other assorted nicknames.
4. Very few people call me Mrs. Nimlos, but I suppose it has happened.
2. Four jobs I’ve had.
1. Assorted food service jobs in high school and college
2. PR professional
3. Assistant editor at DiabetesMine
4. Retail associate
3. Four movies I’ve watched more than once
1. Star Trek: First Contact (I am a HUGE Trekkie, and so sad about Leonard Nimoy).
2. Ever After (a Drew Barrymore Cinderella adaptation movie)
3. You’ve Got Mail
4. Four books I would recommend
1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
2. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
3. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
4. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
5. Four places I’ve lived
1. Eugene, Oregon
2. Hoboken, NJ
3. New York City
4. Minneapolis, MN
(among other places — I’ve lived in 8 cities in the last 10 years)
6. Four places I’ve visited
7. Four things I prefer not to eat
2. Brussels sprouts
4. Cooked spinach
8. Four of my favorite foods
And cupcakes, of course.
9. Four TV shows I watch
1. The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead
2. Downton Abbey
3. The Originals
4. The Vampire Diaries
Four things I’m looking forward to this year
1. Visiting Oregon for one of my best friend’s wedding
2. Going to Hawaii for Christmas
3. Running a Ragnar, benefitting JDRF
4. I’m not sure I’m looking forward to turning 30, but I’m certainly anticipating it…
Four things I’m always saying
1. “What are you shopping for?” (at Pier 1)
2. “Have you ever had a gait analysis?” (at the running store)
3. “How many carbs is this?” (at home, to my husband)
4. “Can you hand me my diabetes kit?” (also at home, also to my husband)
So there you go! A little bit more about moi.